1. All posts must be related in some form to Islamic Feminism, Muslim Women, Muslim women's activism, etc. Unrelated posts will be deleted. Keep the rants to a minimum.
2. This is an intelligent community. Feel free to post articles, calls for papers, research queries, etc. If you have an unrelated question about something, please put it behind an lj-cut.
3. Anyone who attacks another member's religious affiliation, ideology, etc. will be summarily banned from the community. Due to events in 2005, I cannot state firmly enough that you will be banned. Everyone's opinion and religious convictions are valuable and add to the discourse. The moderator is not Muslim. If you have a problem with this, please don't join. I don't interfere in discussions about deen. My contribution is purely scholastic.
4. If you have any comments or queries and you want to speak directly to the moderator without posting in a public forum, please e-mail me at jemima.jerome (@) gmail.com and I will endeavor to help you out. I'm a PhD Candidate in American Islamic Studies, so I'll help when and where I can!
5. Please feel free to advertise new and relevant communities (feminism, Islam, etc.) we love to stay connected here! It's completely allowed, so please do it!
6. Please place longer articles under an lj-cut so they don't clutter-up Friends Pages.
7. Finally, enjoy, learn, contribute, and have fun!